Tagged from melissanmn:
RULES: Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things/little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose 10 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. I was born premature and weighed only 2 lbs. 14 oz. at birth. My father says that I was so small that I could nearly fit completely in his hand, save for about half an inch or so on either end. I was mostly healthly, but had some breathing difficulties. Because of this and my weight (I think you need to be about 4-5 lbs. to leave the hospital), I spent the first month of my life in an incubator where I could only be touched by putting your hands through these gloves that were attached to the side of the incubator. On the plus side, I was the first (or one of) to use the hospital's new "rocking" incubator that would rock the babies inside. I think that got me a mention in the local paper.
2. While many people know that I was shot once,
a lot of people don't know that I was in a really bad (near-fatal) car wreck when I was 24 which left me with a fractured left ankle (thankfully that was all considering how damaged my car was). As a result, I have a plate and screws in that ankle and it can get hurt if I walk or exercise on it too much.
3. I have nearly drowned four times in my life. Strangely enough, despite that I still swim from time to time.( details if you are curious )
4. As feygirl
said in hers: "I crave salty things more than sweet things." Much
5. I am mildly afraid of the dark and when I am home (especially alone), I need to have nearly every light in the house on. Also, I always enter a room looking away until I turn on the light (i.e. I try to never look into a darkened room).
6. While most people think of me as someone who is not much of a "party-type" and pretty much a whitebread, librarian/valeditorian type, people would probably be surprised to know that I started smoking in 7th grade (I quit around 9th grade), I gave my first blow-job at 12 (to my boyfriend), I wasn't the best student (I only got a 945 on my SATs), I was just shy of being an alcoholic the way that I drank from the age of 17-25ish (I am amazed I never died of alcohol poisoning), I used to smoke pot all the time but stopped because of both my asthma and eventual boredom with it, I shoplifted a few times in high school and college, and I have had sex with lots and lots of people, even for a period with some of whom I did not even know their name or that was just using them for sex.
7. I have a total glasses fetish, especially those black-rimmed frames that indie boys and girls wear. Ever since I was in about 2nd grade, I have been known to completely fall for bespectacled persons and, more embarrassingly, at one point even had a fake pair that I would sometimes make ex-lovers that didn't wear glasses wear during sex.
8. While I have been with several women sexually and have been out as bisexual for about 15 years, with the exception of the budding developments with jescot
, I have never had a girlfriend. Part of me thinks that sucks, because I think I would prefer to have more girlfriends than boyfriends. I mean, I love all my sweeties, but sometimes that is how I feel.
9. All of my fingers are double-jointed. This can be good or bad depending on circumstances (example: good = being able to bend them in neat ways, bad = can't make chords on a guitar easily because they "lock up" with the top joint trying to bend when I just want the whole finger to bend).
10. Up until about 4 or so years ago, I still had 4 baby teeth in my mouth (adult teeth never formed beneath them). The dentist said in my teens that they would probably fall out before I was 20. Instead most of them didn't fall out until I was about 30 (I still have one left -- the dentist wanted to pull it, but its still not loose so I asked him to leave it for now). As a result, I have three missing teeth in my mouth (which I hide from shame). I need to get implants or a bridge, but I need to save up as it is just so damned expensive to do so.
As for tagging, most of my friends list has done this already. If you haven't and want to, consider yourself tagged. :)